At St Bernadette’s we believe we are a community which is inspired by Catholic faith and values, and committed to excellence in teaching and learning.
We develop our faith by:
- providing quality Religious Education which nurtures the faith of students
- providing meaningful opportunities for the spiritual development of staff
- providing opportunities for the community, to enrich their faith and spiritual development.
We lead learning by:
- engaging the students in a challenging learning environment, which facilitates rich and meaningful experiences
- demonstrating a commitment to excellence in quality teaching and learning
- providing opportunities for parents to be informed about current educational research and practices.
We live our values by:
- providing a safe learning environment where students experience and develop, empathy and resilience
- ensuring that the values taught by Jesus are evident in our relationships with each other
- providing a supportive environment that nurtures the physical, social and emotional well being of the community.
We build community by:
- facilitating student awareness of their responsibility as global citizens
- promoting partnership between home, school and parish
- establishing community confidence in the professional standards and commitment of the staff
- acknowledging the diverse cultural backgrounds of our community
- recognising the Dharug people as the original owners of this land.